The Parish Council meets monthly on the second Thursday of each month at 8:00pm in the Village Hall. The agenda is posted on the Parish Council notice board opposite the Greyhound about a week before the meeting. Members of the public are most welcome to attend meetings of the Parish Council and there is always an opportunity to speak. The agenda is also posted on the website before the meeting. The minutes will not be posted on the website until they have been approved at the following meeting. The unapproved minutes are no longer posted.
Parish Council meetings are recorded as follows:
- The Agenda for the next Parish Council meeting
- The Minutes of the Parish Council meetings
- An Action Log from the Parish Council meetings
- Jim Donahue - Chairman
- Rachel Hatcher - Vice-chairman
- Jean Marc Grosfort
- Katherine Higley
- Diana Smith
- Jonathan Steward
- Hanna Ferguson
Parish Clerk: Jane Yamamoto
Please link to the following as required:-
- Full contact details of the Parish Councillors, the Clerk, the District and County Councillors and the Member of Parliament
- Short profiles of the Parish Councillors
- First points of contact within the Parish Council and Working Groups assisting the Parish Council
Notice of Public Rights and Publication of Unaudited Annual Governance &
Notice of Public Rights and Publication of Unaudited Annual Governance & Accountability Return
Report - unapproved 2018/2019
Annual Report - unapproved 2018/2019
Annual Report - approved 2017/2018
Summary Receipts and Payments of the Parish Council 2017/2018
Assets Register 2017/2018
Search for and select a planning application of interest and view its description and progress.
Chairman Jim Donahue maintains a Residents' Issues list. Here is the open issue list and the closed issue list for the period from November 2018 to April 2019. Please see here for details of the many ways of raising an issue with the Parish Council.
The minutes of 2018 Annual Parish Assembly are here.
The minutes of the latest Standing Orders Meeting are here.
The Village Maintenance Schedule for 2019 is here.
Parish Councillor Dave Bowen prepared a list in March 2018 distinguishing between County, District and Parish Council Responsibilities.
Community Emergency Plan
Arising from the 2019 Village Plan, a Community Emergency Plan for Whitchurch on Thames was published by the Parish Council in February 2019. The purpose of the plan is to make sure the village is as well prepared as possible for any emergency, to identify area coordinators and to establish a ‘telephone tree’ for communications.
Several working groups meet regularly and assist the Parish Council:
- Village Hall Management Committee - see Village Hall menu entry for hall hire, minutes etc.
- Village Green Working Group - see Village Green menu entry for minutes etc.
- New Pavilion Working Group - see New Pavilion Project page for all details and minutes of meeting
- Traffic and Parking Advisory Group (TAPAG)
- Whitchurch on Thames Village Plan - see Village Plan Menu entry
- Village environment -The Green Team
The members of the groups are listed here.
Other Village Topics
Village Hall and Village Green
The village hall is situated in Manor Road, off the High Street. It is available for hire. Details of facilities and hire charges are on the Village Hall page. The Village Green is at the east end of Eastfield Lane. Details can be seen on the Village Green page.
This community website is facilitated by the Parish Council of Whitchurch-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, and managed independently by a team of village residents. It is hosted by Site Spider Services. The Parish Council accepts no responsibility for material appearing on the site or on sites linked with it.
Contact the News Editor by email.