- Tree surgery for Manor Road The parish council has arranged for Heritage Tree Services to carry out Duty of Care surgery on Wednesday 21st April on the trees in Manor Road...
- New maintenance team for our village Parish Council chairman Jim Donahue reports: A new maintenance contractor, Scofell Commercial Landscapes, has been selected by the Parish Council...
- Birds of prey found dead On Wednesday evening Eve Carnall, who lives at Path Hill, was walking on Bec Tithe, the grass-covered hill to the north of Hardwick Road and to...
- Guide to the remarkable verges of Hardwick Road Some time ago Sandra Parkinson surveyed the verges of Hardwick Road for a year, identifying an astonishing variety of wild flowers and producing a...
- more news...
What else is new
- Here is a new article describing how the parish council and its councillors can make a difference in the village. There are currently two vacancies on the parish council. Make a change, become a councillor!
- There is a Covid Vaccine Update from the Boathouse Surgery. Second doses are now being given 11 weeks after the first. The Surgery currently (13th April) awaits supplies for Cohort 10 (age 45+).
- A video taken from above Mapledurham by Tony McGinn of Tilehurst shows the Archimedes screw in action at the watermill. YouTube link here.
- Hazell & Jefferies patch the High Street
- Stunning sunrise today in Whitchurch Hill
- Another beech tree has to come down
- Thu 22 Apr Green and Brown Bin Collection.
- Sat 24 Apr GREEN TEAM VILLAGE GREEN WORKING PARTY - 10.00 am - details attached.
- Thu 29 Apr Grey Bin Collection.
- Sat 1 May MAZE WORKING PARTY - 10.00 am - details attached.
- Thu 6 May POLLING DAY - 7.00 am-10.00 pm - Whitchurch Village Hall.
- Thu 13 May PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - via Zoom - 8.00 pm.
- more events...