- New Youth Theatre Group A new theatre group for young people is being set up, which is very good news for the village. It will run on Fridays at the Village...
- Green Team plants apple trees Charles Cotgreave, who has helpfully taken over the reins of the Green Team from its creator Alexa Duckworth-Briggs, reports on recent...
- Eastfield House sold to developer The derelict care home Eastfield House in Eastfield Lane has been bought by the property development company Urban Village Group, based near...
- Plan for Manor Road trees – comments invited The Parish Council has developed a plan to upgrade the environment of Manor Road by replacing various trees on the left hand side (see picture)...
- more news...
What else is new
- Whitchurch Primary School are excited to announce a special raffle of an exclusive Reading FC signed shirt to raise money for the school. It is a Framed Reading FC 2021/22 150 years anniversary home shirt. Featuring printed signatures from the entire first team squad and previous manager Veljko Paunovic. This is a truly unique and rare item. There are a limited number of tickets so get in quick! We are hoping to present the shirt to the winner at the Anniversary Game on the Saturday 21st May. https://raffall.com/301495/enter-raffle-to-win-rfc-signed-shirt-hosted-by-nicola-armstrong
- Whitchurch Road in Pangbourne will be CLOSED on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th May, from 7.30 am to 4.30 pm on each day, for roadworks between the railway bridge and the Square. More here.
- SODC is considering a planning application for an impressive 3-storey, 8-bedroom Palladian mansion at Coombe Park to replace the existing building. Comments must be submitted by 5th May.
- Ukraine Appeal at The Art Cafe
- Heritage Apple Trees Planted in The Polish Garden
- Easter Day service at St Mary's
- Tue 17 May WI MEETING - Goring Heath Parish Hall - 10.15-12.00.
- Tue 17 May COMMUNITY COFFEE MORNING - 10.30 am-12.00 noon - The Old Stables.
- Thu 19 May Green and Brown Bin Collection - extra garden waste for brown bin customers.
- Thu 19 May HISTORY SOCIETY MEETING - 7.30 pm - Whitchurch Village Hall - details attached.
- Fri 20 May YOUTH THEATRE GROUP - theatre classes for primary school age children - poster attached.
- Sat 21 May ART CAFE - The Old Stables - 10.30 am to 12.30 pm - in aid of PAWS, Pangbourne and Whitchurch Sustainability Group.
- more events...