THE LATEST PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES AVAILABLE - DRAFT MINUTES FROM MEETING JULY 1st 2021
The Parish Council meets monthly on the second Thursday of each month at 8:00pm in the Village Hall. The agenda is posted on the Parish Council notice board opposite the Greyhound about a week before the meeting. Members of the public are most welcome to attend meetings of the Parish Council and there is always an opportunity to speak. The agenda is also posted on the website before the meeting.
Parish Council meetings are recorded as follows:
- The Agenda for the next Parish Council meeting
- The Minutes of the Parish Council meetings
- The Minutes of the Extraordinary Parish Council meetings
- An Action Log from the Parish Council meetings
- Jim Donahue - Chairman
- Diana Smith - Vice-chairman
- Nick Brazil
- Katherine Higley
- Carrie Leadbeater-Hart
- Paul O'Grady
- Jonathan Steward
Parish Clerk: Jane Yamamoto
Please link to the following as required:-
- Full contact details of the Parish Councillors, the Clerk, the District and County Councillors and the Member of Parliament
- Short profiles of the Parish Councillors
- First points of contact within the Parish Council and Working Groups assisting the Parish Council
- Make a Change, become a Councillor – a new article (April 2021) that explains what councillors and councils do and suggests how to get involved.
- Parish councillor job description
The Village Plan
The Village Plan was published at the end of 2019. Please see the Village Plan webpages.
Community Emergency Plan
Arising from the 2019 Village Plan, a Community Emergency Plan for Whitchurch on Thames was published by the Parish Council in February 2019. The purpose of the plan is to make sure the village is as well prepared as possible for any emergency, to identify area coordinators and to establish a ‘telephone tree’ for communications.
- External Auditor report and certificate and Notice of conclusion of the audit - 2019/2020
Notice of Public Rights and Publication of Unaudited Annual Governance & Accountability Return 2021
- External Auditor report and certificate - 2018/2019
- External Auditor report and certificate - 2017/2018
- Receipts and Payment Analysis 2020/2021
- Summary Receipts and Payments of the Parish Council 2019/2020
- Assets Register 2021
- Latest Annual Assembly 2021 Minutes and Chairman's Presentation
- Past Annual Parish Assemblies' Minutes - 2020, 2019, 2018
- Freedom of Information Policy Document
- Complaints Procedure
- Standing Orders
- Raising an issue with the Parish Council
- Media Policy
- Information Policy
- Residents' Issues list updated April 2021
- Parish Council Responsibilities - distinguishing between County, District and Parish responsibilities
- Village Maintenance Schedule for 2021
Several working groups meet regularly and assist the Parish Council:
- Village Hall Management Committee - Village Hall menu entry for hall hire, minutes etc.
- Village Green Working Group - Village Green menu entry for minutes etc.
- New Pavilion Working Group - New Pavilion Project page for all details and minutes of meeting
- Traffic and Parking Working Group (TAPWG) - see Traffic and Parking page
- Whitchurch on Thames Village Plan - Village Plan webpages.
- Village environment - The Green Team
The members of the groups are listed here.
Other Village Topics
- Flooding and Drainage
- The defibrillator in the old telephone box
- Weight Limits for Lorries in Whitchurch
- Noisy Light Aircraft (Stop Noise Over Whitchurch (SNOW) campaign
Village Hall and Village Green
The village hall is situated in Manor Road, off the High Street. It is available for hire. Details of facilities and hire charges are on the Village Hall page. The Village Green is at the east end of Eastfield Lane. Details can be seen on the Village Green page.
Contact the News Editor by email.