The Whitchurch Web is a community website run by a team of volunteers and is independent of Whitchurch Parish Council. However, it provides a number of pages containing information from the Parish Council, such as minutes, agendas, policies, links, etc, which are subject to the requirements of WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) version 2.1 AA.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website, regardless of whether they are accessing Parish Council information or reading other pages. In accordance with that aim, the website currently enables you to:
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- On all the pages of the website we aim to make the text as simple as possible to understand
If you have a disability, AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- Images are not accessible to screen reader software
- Most photos in the gallery do not have captions
- The gallery does not have keyboard navigation
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances discussed above.