|Car loses all its wheels overnight Whitchurch resident Martin Hardcastle walked down this morning from his house in Hillside to where his 1990 VW Golf GT car was parked on Hardwick...|
|The 143 bus is saved until April Faced with the imminent disappearance of Whitchurch’s only bus service, the Parish Council held an emergency meeting last Monday (16th May)...|
|'The Cut' footpath will soon be resurfaced The asphalted footpath connecting Eastfield Lane with Swanston Field, usually known as The Cut, is finally to be resurfaced almost a quarter of a...|
|Church concert raises the roof Last Saturday evening 25 children from Whitchurch Primary School sang enthusiastically with 40 members of the Reading Phoenix Choir in a concert...|
- What else is new
- Minutes of the 3rd May parish council meeting and of the extra meeting held on 16th May have been added to the PC page.
- Opportunity for someone to buy a house in Old Gardens - details.
- Picnic seats made of Hardwick cedar installed at the Maze - pictures here.
- The Queen’s 90th birthday tea will be on the Village Green on Sat 11th June. If you can help in any way, please contact coordinator Felipa House, our Parish Clerk.
- What's on
- Sat 28 May THE ART CAFE - 10.00 am-12.30 pm - The Old Rectory Stables - this week in aid of The Duchess of Kent Hospice.
- Sat 28 May WHITCHURCH HILL FETE - 2.00 pm - Whitchurch Hill Recreation Ground.
- Thu 2 Jun HANDICRAFT AFTERNOON - The Old Stables - 2.00 pm-4.00 pm.
- Thu 2 Jun LANGTREE HOLIDAY CLUB - 10.00 am-3.30 pm - Woodcote Village Hall - for children between 7 and 11 years.
- Fri 3 June Theatre Club trip to SISSINGHURST CASTLE.
- Message board
- "They have a Facebook page... Pretty sure it's still going - term time only though. Welcome to..."
- "I have noticed on 'net mums' there is a baby and toddler group called 'tots on the hill' running..."
- "Whitchurch Hill Fete: next Saturday, May 28. Starting at 2pm, at Recreation Ground, Whitchurch..."
- "I would like to show a picture of the Queen's birthday event on the Village Green on 11th June..."