|Bishop blesses new bridge (Updated with Video) The Bishop of Oxford, John Pritchard, arrived with fellow pilgrims at the newly reopened bridge on Wednesday...|
|Ann Ducker has died (Updated) The Leader of South Oxfordshire District Council, Ann Ducker MBE, died on 21st September aged 71, following a short...|
|The MP and the Bishop in Whitchurch this week John Howell, our Member of Parliament, will be at The Old Stables (opposite The Ferryboat) on Tuesday from 10.30 am, ready to answer questions and...|
|Hundreds turn out for bridge reopening The new bridge deck, its blackness contrasting with the shiny white girders, was densely packed this afternoon with hundreds of people of all...|
- What else is new
- Village Green seat damage repaired by village volunteers - photos here.
- Sign up for Smartwater - send your name, address and phone number to this address.
- James Burton of the Henley Standard has made this video of the bridge reopening. Tony Butcher also sent us his shorter one. And here's regular bridge photographer Nick Brazil's video.
- The bridge reconstruction started at the wrong time of year, according to this indignant letter of complaint. But the job was completed and the temporary ferry, no longer needed, was offered for sale in 1854.
Bishops on the bridge
More pictures of the bridge reopening
Hundreds attend reopening of bridge
All in a day's road surfacing
Whitchurch Fete 2014
Mulberry Fayre at Hardwick
Volunteers tidy up the War Memorial
WoTHABS & PAWS Haymeadow walk
First Lattice Beam in Place on New Bridge
Return of The Lattice Beams
First Girders in Place on Bridge
Garden Walk 2014
Wildlife Explorers Day at Chalkhills
Theatre Club visits Paris
Spring Fair in Old Rectory Rooms
Theatre Club visits Malvern Spring Show
Twinning Visit - Un Grand Succès
Spring Walk in the sunshine
Volunteers meet the community
First bridge girders get on their way
Volunteers from Path Hill Outdoors
Village Green tree planting, final phase
Thames Floods Seen from Chalkhills
Thames at peak level, 9th January
Thames in flood, Tuesday 7th January
Removing Lattice Girders on Tollbridge
Whitchurch Tollbridge Removing Cross Beams
Bridge Club Christmas Lunch
Bridge makes progress, gradually
Early morning on the Thames
Remembrance Sunday 2013
Squash & Pumpkin Festival at Hardwick
Maze Reopening and Apple Day
National Fungus Day at Chalkhills Farm
Replacing & Adding Maze Bricks
Walking With Romans
The Day the Bridge Closed
Another Juggernaut, another Jam
John Howell MP at Coffee Morning
Whitchurch Primary School c1982
- What's on
- Thu 2 Oct Green & Brown Bin Collection
- Tu 2 Oct THE HANDICRAFT AFTERNOON - The Old Stables - 2.00-4.00 pm.
- Sat 4 Oct MAZE WORKING PARTY - 10.00 am - come along and help with edging, sweeping and general maintenance.
- Thu 9 Oct Grey Bin Collection
- Sun 12 Oct THE LIONS CLUB ANNUAL CONKER CHALLENGE FOR CHARITY - Cross Lanes Fruit Farm, Mapledurham from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Message board
- "I am a Qualified BRICK LAYER and also Specialise in FLINT and LIME WORK. I take a great deal of..."
- "Hi Liz I was told about your message by a neighbour. My husband, Phil, is an excellent BRICK..."
- "Can anyone recommend a good local brick layer to help me with a garden project?"
- "A huge thank you to everyone that helped and attended the Macmillan coffee morning. So far we..."