|Raised walkway through trees suggested Jean Bull of Swanston Field has responded to the Bridge Company’s request for comments on improving the Pangbourne approach road. Having...|
|Pangbourne approach road options studied Peter Brett Associates, engineering consultants to the Whitchurch Bridge Company, have completed a 68-page report into the options for widening...|
|Volunteers invited to join working party The recently formed group MOWS ('Make Our Whitchurch Special', see recent news item) is providing a working party on Saturday 22nd October,...|
|Charity formed to keep Pangbourne loos open The Station Road public toilets, situated in the car park near Pangbourne village hall, closed a year ago. But a campaign to re-open them...|
- What else is new
- Applications for the vacant position on the parish council, following the resignation of James Polansky, must be received by 2nd November. Revised details here.
- Jon and Lissie Steward are today (Saturday 15th) doing a fund-raising bike ride for the charity PIP. More here.
- New road crossing point near toll booth and plans for Pangbourne approach road – see Bridge Company’s website.
- The Art & Craft Exhibition on 19th/20th November is approaching. Entry details can be found here. The theme for the Joyce Voysey prize this year is 'Trees'.
- What's on
- Sat 22 Oct THE ART CAFE - The Old Rectory Stables - 10.00 am-12.30 pm - in aid of APT (Save Pangbourne Toilets) and Whitchurch Camera Club Show.
- Sat 22 Oct MOWS WORKING PARTY - at the church gates between 10.30 am and 12.30 am - see news item opposite for further details.
- Thu 27 Oct Green and Brown Bin Collection
- Sat 29 Oct THE ART CAFE - The Old Rectory Stables - 10.00 am-12.30 pm - in aid of British Legion & fabulous knitted poppies!
- Sat 29 Oct SINGLES NIGHT at The Greyhound - 8.00 pm-midnight.
- Message board
- "Hello, can anyone recommend a reliable cleaner? Thanks"
- "I think that Jean Bull's idea of a separate raised walkway through the trees on the Pangbourne..."
- "If you are thinking of selling your 3/4+ bed property in the village we would love to hear from..."
- "Just want to say what an amazing and innovative idea Jean Bull has had for widening the road and..."