|Call for evidence at Bridge Toll Inquiry (Updated) The Department of Transport has written to ask interested parties* (see clarification below) whether they wish to give oral or written...|
|Candidates invited to stand as Parish and District Councillors Nominations have been invited today by South Oxfordshire District Council for candidates to stand as Parish Councillors for Whitchurch. ...|
|Changes at the Village Hall After many years as chairman of the Village Hall Management Committee, Stephen Trinder stepped down from the role earlier this month and Laura...|
|A bridge too far for Oxfordshire Highways Attempts by the village conservation group WoTHabs to improve conditions for walkers alongside Hardwick Road have suffered an unexpected...|
- What else is new
- A bird's eye video from high above the Thames, flying over the toll bridge and over the weir, has been posted on YouTube by drone operator Alastair Craig.
- Whitchurch resident Pam Warren has been honoured with a Women of Achievement award by hospice charity Sue Ryder. Article here.
- Visited the Modern Artists Gallery recently? Take a quick musical tour here.
Whitchurch gets a new noticeboard
Volunteers trim the churchyard
Jim's winning photo and two more
WoTHabs volunteers in action
Truck causes High Street chaos
New passing places in Hardwick Road
WoTHabs project starts
New Year's Day walk
Gull pauses to inspect bridge
Eastfield House - more pictures
Art & Crafts Exhibition 2014
Autumn Walk 2014
Tolhurst Squash & Pumpkin Festival
Apple Day at the Maze
World Fungus Day at Chalkhills
Bishops on the bridge
More pictures of the bridge reopening
Hundreds attend reopening of bridge
All in a day's road surfacing
Whitchurch Fete 2014
Mulberry Fayre at Hardwick
Volunteers tidy up the War Memorial
WoTHABS & PAWS Haymeadow walk
First Lattice Beam in Place on New Bridge
Return of The Lattice Beams
First Girders in Place on Bridge
Garden Walk 2014
Wildlife Explorers Day at Chalkhills
Theatre Club visits Paris
Spring Fair in Old Rectory Rooms
Theatre Club visits Malvern Spring Show
Twinning Visit - Un Grand Succès
Spring Walk in the sunshine
Volunteers meet the community
First bridge girders get on their way
Volunteers from Path Hill Outdoors
Village Green tree planting, final phase
Thames Floods Seen from Chalkhills
Thames at peak level, 9th January
Thames in flood, Tuesday 7th January
Removing Lattice Girders on Tollbridge
Whitchurch Tollbridge Removing Cross Beams
Bridge Club Christmas Lunch
Bridge makes progress, gradually
Early morning on the Thames
Remembrance Sunday 2013
Squash & Pumpkin Festival at Hardwick
Maze Reopening and Apple Day
National Fungus Day at Chalkhills Farm
Replacing & Adding Maze Bricks
Walking With Romans
The Day the Bridge Closed
Another Juggernaut, another Jam
John Howell MP at Coffee Morning
Whitchurch Primary School c1982
- What's on
- Thu 2 Apr HANDICRAFT AFTERNOON in the Old Stables from 2.00 pm-4.00 pm.
- Thu 2 Apr HARDWICK HOUSE RETREAT - Healing the Earth - Healing the Self: A Retreat in Deep Ecology, Yoga, Meditation, Shiatsu & Chinese Medicine.
- Fri 10 Apr Booking deadline for MACK AND MABEL.- Chichester Festival Theatre
- Fri 10 Apr Booking deadline for HIGH SOCIETY at the Old Vic.
- Sat 11 Apr GORING HEATH AND WHITCHURCH SPRING SHOW - 2.30 pm at Goring Heath Parish Hall - exhibitors' staging 9.00 am - no later than 10.15 am.
- Message board
- "We have three spare tickets for a concert at Cadogan Hall tonight. Coach departs Pangbourne at..."
- "We have been using R D Maldon for around 25 years and they are very reliable. They also do..."
- "Good morning, can anyone recommend a window cleaner they have been using for a while please?..."
- "Hi Nick: this is a classic example of a rash of tedious emails that the police are currently..."