|Candidates announced for elections on 7th May For the first time in many years there are more candidates for the parish council (8) than places (7), so the voting in the village hall on 7th...|
|Users object to charges for Village Green The Parish Council meeting on Monday evening (13th April) was attended by about 20 users of the Village Green, cricketers and others, protesting...|
|Police hunt after fracas at Greyhound Last night (5th April) a group of three young people caused considerable trouble at The Greyhound, ending in a police manhunt around 9.30 pm. At...|
|Bridge Toll Inquiry – further developments It has been made clear today that those who are not among the 24 earlier objectors are free not only to submit documents or comments for the...|
- What else is new
- An online petition against the planned increase in bridge tolls has attracted more than 500 signatures.
- Theft of outboard motor from High Street property over Easter - police ask for information here.
- A bird's eye video from high above the Thames, flying over the toll bridge and over the weir, has been posted on YouTube by drone operator Alastair Craig.
- Whitchurch resident Pam Warren has been honoured with a Women of Achievement award by hospice charity Sue Ryder. Article here.
Whitchurch gets a new noticeboard
Volunteers trim the churchyard
Jim's winning photo and two more
WoTHabs volunteers in action
Truck causes High Street chaos
New passing places in Hardwick Road
WoTHabs project starts
New Year's Day walk
Gull pauses to inspect bridge
Eastfield House - more pictures
Art & Crafts Exhibition 2014
Autumn Walk 2014
Tolhurst Squash & Pumpkin Festival
Apple Day at the Maze
World Fungus Day at Chalkhills
Bishops on the bridge
More pictures of the bridge reopening
Hundreds attend reopening of bridge
All in a day's road surfacing
Whitchurch Fete 2014
Mulberry Fayre at Hardwick
Volunteers tidy up the War Memorial
WoTHABS & PAWS Haymeadow walk
First Lattice Beam in Place on New Bridge
Return of The Lattice Beams
First Girders in Place on Bridge
Garden Walk 2014
Wildlife Explorers Day at Chalkhills
Theatre Club visits Paris
Spring Fair in Old Rectory Rooms
Theatre Club visits Malvern Spring Show
Twinning Visit - Un Grand Succès
Spring Walk in the sunshine
Volunteers meet the community
First bridge girders get on their way
Volunteers from Path Hill Outdoors
Village Green tree planting, final phase
Thames Floods Seen from Chalkhills
Thames at peak level, 9th January
Thames in flood, Tuesday 7th January
Whitchurch Primary School c1982
- What's on
- Mon 20 Apr NO! TO TOLL RISE - deadline for submission of objections - email@example.com
- Thu 23 Apr Grey Bin Collection
- Fri 24 Apr WIND IN THE WILLOWS, a musical, at the Barn, Purley, 7.30 pm
- Mon 27 Apr Thames Valley Police HAVE YOUR SAY MEETING outside the Greyhound between 11.00 am and 11.30 am.
- Thu 30 Apr HARDWICK HOUSE RETREAT - Opening the Mind to Awaken the Heart: Foundations in Yoga & Meditation.
- Message board
- "My wife and I had the pleasure of moving to this lovely village and took up residence in October..."
- "We would not have a village green if it were not for huge time and effort by the Parish Council..."
- "Please accept my personal reply, these are not necessarily the views of the Parish..."
- "I speak as a former Parish Councillor for 26 years. I think perhaps some of the newer..."