|Articulated lorry closes High Street The driver of a large Irish-owned lorry missed the turn-off to Castrol and continued down the hill this afternoon, almost reaching the toll...|
|Have your say about the village green by 30th October The photo shows the village green noticeboard, installed today by parish councillors Jonathan Steward (pictured), Dave Bowen and Keith Brooks. As...|
|The Greyhound reopens (updated) After a two week closure for refurbishment The Greyhound opened again on Thursday 8th October at 5 pm. The picture shows...|
|Coffee morning at Old Stables raises funds A Whitchurch Community Macmillan Cancer Support coffee morning was held on Tuesday at The Old Stables. Organiser Denyse Williams reported:...|
- What else is new
- So far only 57% of Whitchurch residents have confirmed their voter registration details, says SODC. Fill in the online form here.
- There is a vacancy for a non-parent governor at Whitchurch Primary School. Details here.
- Fibre optic work by BT Openreach, including the box in the High Street, has made progress. To obtain high speed broadband start here.
- There is new seating at the Maze picnic table, thanks to Tim Sheldon of Hardwick estate and James Norman. See Jim Donahue's photo.
- What's on
- Tue 13 Oct COMMUNITY COFFEE MORNING - The Old Stables - Whitchurch High Street - 10.30-12.00 noon.
- Thu 15 Oct Green and Brown Bin Collection - garden waste customers can leave one extra bin's worth of waste in an open box or bag.
- Thu 15 Oct HISTORY SOCIETY MEETING - 8.00 pm - Goring Heath Parish Hall.
- Sat 17 Oct MAZE WORKING PARTY - 10.00 am.
- Sun 18 Oct Whitchurch Society AUTUMN WALK - down Hartley Steps and along Thames Path to Chalk Wood - meet outside The Greyhound for 10.30 am departure.
- Message board
- "I am a local resident in Whitchurch and have had a Liquid Trek 55 full suspension stolen from..."
- "Brilliant isn't it?! This was installed by Tim Sheldon (from Hardwick Estate) and James Norman..."
- "Having been away for two weeks I was amazed to seethe rustic seating which has been put in the..."
- "Free kids sandpit in a good conditions, needs a new home. Anybody interested in?"