|Greyhound to re-open tomorrow evening Ray Cameron, the new landlord of The Greyhound, announced today that the pub will re-open at 6 pm tomorrow evening (Friday...|
|Eastfield Lane to be closed to traffic on 30th August Oxfordshire Highways has announced that the whole length of Eastfield Lane will be closed to traffic and needs to be clear of parked cars on...|
|Pangbourne branch of Lloyds Bank to close Local customers of Lloyds Bank received a letter today telling them that the Pangbourne branch will be closed from 9th November this year....|
|Butterworths leaving the village after 38 years Harry and Sarah Butterworth, who have lived at The Little House in the High Street since 1978, are preparing to move next week to Devon, where...|
- What else is new
- Jim Donahue has produced some happy memories of the Queen's birthday.
- Sport England is subsidising physical exercise classes for over-60s in South Oxfordshire villages such as Goring Heath and Woodcote. More here.
- A new WEA art history course starts in Goring in September - details here.
- What's on
- Thu 25 Aug Grey Bin Collection
- Sat 27 Aug THE ART CAFE - The Old Stables - 10.00 am-12.30 pm - in aid of the Friends of St Mary's and St John's.
- Sun 28 Aug ENGLEFIELD 10k, 3.5k and Walk, Englefield House, 11 am.
- Wed 31 Aug Theatre Club trip - HALF A SIXPENCE - Chichester Festival Theatre.
- Thu 1 Sep HANDICRAFT AFTERNOON - The Old Stables - 2.00 pm-4.00 pm.
- Message board
- "There are spare seats on the coach to Chichester next Wednesday, 31st August. £22 return just..."
- "Great welcome in the Greyhound tonight from Ray, David and David. Nice to see the pub open again! "
- "Hello all, My name is Layla Tutt and i am an artist specialising in batik and a musician. I am..."
- "Many congratulations, Graham, on both awards. I appreciate how much Graham and the Ferryboat..."