The Art and Craft Exhibition
The Whitchurch Society Annual Art and Craft Exhibition 2017
Whitchurch Village Hall,
Saturday 18th - Sunday 19th November, 10am - 5pm
- Joyce Voysey Prize Theme is 'Circles'
- Refreshments served all day
Prize giving at 4:30
The Whitchurch Society's annual exhibition of Art and Craft will take place as usual in November. We welcome all ranges of work - it is an enjoyable, friendly event, not an elitist showcase! We look forward to receiving entries from previous contributors, but we hope that there will be lots of new entrants too. Young people might be particularly interested in submitting work in new media (see below). Please join in!
All residents (both past and present) of Whitchurch-on-Thames and Goring Heath parishes are eligible to enter their work. Children who attend the Whitchurch Pre-School, the Whitchurch Primary School or the Oratory Preparatory School are also eligible to enter, regardless of their place of residence.
- Thursday 16th November 7pm-8pm at May Cottage, Eastfield Lane
- Friday 17th November 10am - Noon at the Village Hall
If it is not possible to bring your entry at either of these times, please contact Sally Woolhouse (0118 984 4365) to arrange a convenient alternative.
- Show opens - Saturday 18th November at 10:00am
- Prize Giving - Sunday 19th November at 4:30pm
- Collection of Work - Sunday 19th November at 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Loss or damage to exhibits
We take great care of exhibits but the organisers cannot be responsible for loss or damage. If required, insurance cover should be arranged by exhibitors.
Selling of Exhibits
Exhibits that are offered for sale are welcome but they will NOT be eligable for the awards. A commission of 20% will be deducted as a contribution to the Whitchurch Society from all sales at the exhibition.
Classes and Rules of Entry
Classes for 18 year olds and under
Art and Craft
These are divided into 4 age groups. (Note: these age groups have been revised for 2017). Prizes will be awarded for both Art and Craft in each of these age groups:
- a) under 6 years
- b) 6-8 years
- c) 9-11 years
- d) 12-18 years
The exhibitor's name and age must be clearly written on the back of the work. There is no restriction on the number of exhibits per entrant.
Adult classes (over 18)
a) Exhibitors may submit up to a maximum of 4 pictures.
b) All pictures must be framed and fitted with eye screws, or mounted on heavy quality card with a margin around the picture.
c) Pictures must be labelled on the back with artist's name in block capitals, and with the price if offered for sale.
- a) There is no limit on the number of exhibits submitted, although the organisers discretion may be exercised.
- b) All work should be labelled on the back with name in block capitals, and with the price if offered for sale.
First time entrants
There is an award for the best art work, photography or craft work produced by a first time entrant. If you have never entered before, and you are over 18, you are eligible for this award. Please make sure that your exhibit is marked 'First time entrant' on the back.
Open Classes for all ages
Joyce Voysey Prize
- a) This is an open class for all ages, and the theme this year is 'Circles'.
- b) The work may be any item of art, craft or photography.
- c) Please mark clearly your work 'Circles' on the back, together with your name in block capitals (and with the price if offered for sale). No more than one entry per person is permitted in this section.
- a) Exhibitors may submit a maximum of 4 photographs which may include one series of photographs.
- b) All individual photographs should be framed, or mounted on heavy quality card no larger than A3 with a margin around the photograph.
- c) A series of photographs should be mounted on card no larger than A3.
- d) All entries must labelled on the back with the artist's name in block capitals and with the price if offered for sale.
- e) We welcome larger photographs than A3 for the exhibition, but they will not be entered for prizes.
Installation Art/audio visual work/ Utube clips
The organisers welcome entries of work using non-traditional media. If you are considering entering such an item in any of the above categories, you are advised to get in touch in advance in order to discuss arrangements for showing your work appropriately.
For further details, please contact Sally Woolhouse on 0118 984 4365 or at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are interested in being involved in running the event do get in touch - all help is very welcome.